It has been since April since I last wrote! It feels weird, but I have been taking this time to focus on me (and let’s face it– school has taken up most of my time). I try to squeeze in as much as I can at once with everything: family, friends and my own time. I was itching to write something and wanted it to be a fun post because I realized a lot of my blog posts are pretty serious whether I mean to write them that way or not. Sorry, not sorry.
I’ve gone through college twice.. over exaggerating? Tiny bit. I completed my bachelor’s degree in 2016 and I am currently wrapping up my master’s degree (just a little under 6 more months but who’s counting, right?). Since I am almost done with my master’s I thought it would be fun to share what this experience of gaining two degrees has taught me thus far that I have helped me through life in general (with or without a degree). Here goes nothing.
- You are greater than you think you are. Stop doubting whatever it is, because what you have is great
- Only you can define you.
- Be yourself because everyone else is pretty weird (am, I right?)
- The risk, the tears, the difficulties you may go through are all worth the triumphs
- You literally got this. Like you can do anything you set your mind to and then some.
- You are destined for bigger things… things bigger than you and you will accomplish them
- It is okay to break down and say, I can’t (spoiler alert: YOU CAN!)
- Change your mindset. It is really amazing when you start off with a positive attitude or change your “have-to’s” to “get-to’s”.
- You will be okay. I have literally felt the lowest I thought I could be, but in the end I was okay. Whatever it is that is difficult (from small to big), eventually, you will be okay.
- Be excited about your next chapter because it’s big.