In order to connect and write worthy posts, I am going to do a series of 30 days of blog posts. P.S. I got this off Pinterest so I want to thank Pinterest for my inspirations for the next 30 days. Get ready to bloom into my life.
Today is #1. Seventeen Facts About Me
- I am an only child
- I recently graduated and am now starting graduate school to study psychology (wait, is that two? oh well)
- My family are my biggest fans
- I am a photographer
- I work in sales
- I have a cat that stays at my parents’ house (or her castle because she thinks she’s a queen)
- I bought a house at 21.
- My life path number is 11. (If you don’t know what life path numbers are add your birthday up and Google it. I’m sure you’ll learn something about yourself)
- I’ve gone through all of life’s stressors and lost more people than I would have imagined at the end of 2016 and through this year
- I love pizza and ice cream
- I am gluten free
- I am slightly obsessed with Gossip Girl and Greys Anatomy. I have watched both series more times than I’d like to admit
- My favorite bible verse is Romans 12:12
- I have a thing for numbers (if you couldn’t tell by fact #11)
- I am passionate about giving back and helping veterans
- I bake cupcakes
- I started this blog to have an outlet and display my creative work
Boom. Done. Fin.
a little about me.
I am a 23-year-old trying to figure out my place in the world. Oh also I am a recent college grad and I am going back to school for my masters. My family says I am an overachiever and I would have to agree with them; but when I know something is right for me, I am passionate about whatever is thrown my way.
Rewind to 2009, where I had blonde chunks peeking through parts of my hair and took graphic design to have an excuse to be with my friends in class in order to feel like I fit in. I learned the basics and quickly fell head over heels with being behind the camera and photoshop. Mind you, I wasn’t very good and had a lot to learn, but I soon learned to prove myself and others.
Fast forward to 2014 where I challenged myself in college to experience more than just business classes. I expanded my portfolio and learned art is just that: art. It is whatever you make of it. Photography and graphic design has shown me: be who you want because there is only one you (so what, if other people don’t like that). Two years later, I graduated from Grand Canyon University with a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and started Modern Roses. I am continually challenged with working with an array of clients and projects. I have never been happier to explore and have a creative outlet.
What do I love most? Being a part of my clients’ memories, hearing their stories and capturing & reflecting through my camera and art how my clients may not see themselves.
So welcome to my secret garden where the flowers are colored with life, love and a little bit of everything in between.