I’ll be honest, I am not a morning person. I have to convince myself to be a morning person because I could live in my bed all day. Every day that is not realistic, especially going into a new lifestyle of becoming a mom.
I’ll preface it with this: I don’t know it all, but these are my top 5 things that work for me, that may work for you too.
- Appreciate the day when you first wake up. I start my day with feeling grateful, even if I have no idea what to be thankful for, and start my day with a positive mindset.
- Try to stay off social media, email, etc. first thing in the morning (this is hard for me, and I’ll be honest, I struggle with this as my job is spent on social media.)
- Treat yourself. Maybe that is making coffee for yourself, perhaps its Starbucks, whatever it is, treat yourself. For me, that is making coffee, or I’ll start the day with water/ electrolytes.
- Plan out your day. This is my favorite thing to do is make a list, and to be able to accomplish everything on my list. I write everything down in a planner with my top 3 things to achieve to a few others that maybe aren’t as important, but I would still like to do. Planning out my day allows me to cross it off my list and keep track of everything in one place.
- Read, meditate, listen to a podcast whatever. I spend at least 30 minutes to an hour doing something for me. Listening to podcasts is in my top “me-time moments” because I can still plan out my day, make my coffee and breakfast while listening to something that will kick start and add positivity to my day.
What does your morning look like? What are your “me-time moments”? I would encourage you to create your routine; these 5 things take me an hour to set the day’s tone!